What you have to do
Students need to complete three (3) tasks:
Task A: Complete ten (10) short answer questions based on the learning materials.
Task B: Case study. Complete eleven (11) short answer questions.
Task C: Complete six (6) short answer questions based on the learning material.
Students need to answer the following questions:
1. Why is it important for a worker in the Community Services Industry to follow their job description?
2. Define the term policy.
3. Define the term procedure.
4. Why do Community Services Industry workers need to work within agency policy and procedures? Provide three (3) reasons.
5. Give five examples of areas that should be covered in a policy/procedure manual.
6. Define the term legislation.
7. Define the term statutory requirements?
8. Define the term regulatory requirements?
9. List three pieces of legislation impacting on the Community Services Industry and state the purpose of each. Legislation has the word ‘Act’ in the title.
10. When gathering personal information from a client, what do you need to tell them?
Read the following case study:
You are a family and community worker employed by a community-based organisation that is located in a public housing estate. You have been working with the following family for a number of months.
Julie has four children, aged 2-10 years old, and lives in a public housing estate in ‘Springvale’. You became involved with Julie’s family when she moved to the estate, having left Bill, the father of her children, due to experiencing domestic violence. Julie was granted public housing due to her single parent status, and she is receiving Parenting Payment (Single) from Centrelink. She was referred to your service, regarding her issues of isolation and parenting difficulties with her elder children.
The focus of your intervention has been