Molarity Worksheet #1
1. What does molarity mean?
Number of moles of solute
1 liter solution
2. What is the molarity of a solution that contains 4.53 moles of lithium nitrate in 2.85 liters of solution?
4.53 mol LiNO3 = 1.59 M LiN03
2.85 L soln
3. What is the molarity of a solution that contains 0.00372 moles hydrochloric acid in 2.39 x 10-2 liters of solution?
0.00372 mol HCL = 0.156 M HCL
2.39x10-2 L soln
4. A flask contains 85.5 g C12H22O11 (sucrose) in 1.00 liters of solution. What is the molarity?
85.5g sucrose x 1 mol sucrose = 0.250 M sucrose
1.00 L soln 342.34g sucrose
5. A beaker contains 214.2 grams osmium (III) fluoride in 0.0673 liters of solution. What is the molarity?
214.2g OsF3 x 1 mol OsF3 = 12.9 M OsF3
0.0673 L soln 247.23g OsF3
6. Calculate the molarity if a flask contains 1.54 moles potassium sulfate in 125 ml of solution.
1.54 mol K2SO4 = 12.3 M K2SO4
0.125 L soln
7. A chalice contains 36.45 grams ammonium chlorite in 2.36 liters of solution - calculate the molarity.
36.45g NH4ClO2 x 1 mol NH4ClO2 = 0.181 M NH4ClO2
2.36 L soln 85.50g NH4ClO2
8. What is the molarity of a solution that contains 14.92 grams magnesium oxalate in 3.65 ml of solution?
14.92g MgC2C4 x 1 mol MgC2C4 = 36.4 mol MgC2C4
0.00365 L soln 112.32g MgC2C4
9. What mass of lithium phosphate would you mass to make 2.5 liter of 1.06 M lithium phosphate solution?
2.5 L soln x 1.06 mol Li3PO4 x 115.79g Li3PO4 = 310g Li3PO4
1 L soln 1 mol Li3PO4
10. If you evaporated 250. mL of a 3.5 M solution of iron (II) nitrite, what mass of iron (II) nitrite would you recover?
0.250 L soln x 3.5 mol...
Please join StudyMode to read the full document