top-rated free essay

I Dont Know Whaat It Is

By acctgen Jul 21, 2010 574 Words
Chemistry Quiz
June 7, 2010
Name:_________________________________________Score:______

1. A sample of gas occupies a volume of 7.50 L at 0.988 atm and 28.0 °C. (a) Calculate the pressure of the gas if its volume is decreased to 4.89 L while its temperature is held constant. (b) At what temperature in degrees Celsius is the volume of the gas 4.0 L if the pressure is kept constant.

2. Calcium carbonate, CaCO3(s), decomposes upon heating to give CaO(s) and CO2 (g). A sample of CaCO3 is decomposed, and the carbon dioxide is collected in a 250-mL flask. After the decomposition is complete, the gas has a pressure of 1.3 atm at a temperature of 31.0 °C. How many moles of CO2 gas were generated?

3. An inflated balloon has a volume of 6.0 L at sea level (1 atm) and is allowed to ascend in altitude until the pressure is 0.45 atm. During ascent the temperature of the gas falls from 22°C to -21°C. Calculate the volume of the balloon at its final altitude.

4. What is the density of carbon tetrachloride vapor at 714 torr and 125°C?

5. A series of measurements are made in order to determine the molar mass of an unknown gas. First, a large flask is evacuated and found to weigh 134.567 g. it is then filled with the gas to a pressure of 735 torr and 31°C and reweighed; its mass is now 137.456 g. Finally, the flask was filled with water at 31.0 °C and found to weigh 1067.9 g. (The density of water at this temperature is 0.977 g/mL.) Assuming that the ideal gas equation applies, calculate the molar mass of the unknown gas.

6. The safety air bags in automobiles are inflated by nitrogen gas generated by the rapid decomposition of sodium azide, NaN3:

2NaN3(s)2Na(s) + 3 N2(g)
If an air bag has a volume of 36 L and is to be filled with nitrogen gas at a pressure of 1.15 atm at a temperature of 26.0°C, how many grams of NaN3 must be decomposed?

7. A gaseous mixture made from 6.00 g of O2 and 9.00 g CH4 is placed in a 15.0-L vessel at 0°C. What is the partial pressure of each gas, and what is the total pressure in the vessel?

8. A study of the effects of certain gases on plant growth requires a synthetic atmosphere composed of 1.5 mol percent CO2, 18.0 mol percent O2, and 80.5 mo percent Ar. (a) Calculate the partial pressure of O2 in the mixture if the total pressure of the atmosphere is to be 745 torr. (b) If this atmosphere is to be held in a 120-L space at 295 K, how many moles of O2 are needed?

9. An unknown gas composed of diatomic molecules effuses at a rate that is only 0.355 times that of O2 at the same temperature. What is the identity of the unknown gas?

10. A scuba diver’s tank contains 0.29 kg of O2 compressed into a volume of 2.3 L. (a) Calculate the gas pressure inside the tank at 9.0 °C. (b) What volume would this oxygen occupy at 26 °C and 0.95 atm?

Cite This Document

Related Documents

  • i dont know

    ...1. The mole is a counting unit of chemistry that denotes a specific amount 2. Avogadro created this unit 3. He used 12 grams of carbon to figure out his unit, weighed out 12 grams and did multiple test calculations 4. Abbreviation for the mole is mol 5. Avogadro’s number is 6.022 x 10^23 6. 1 mole= 6.022 x 10^23 7. Avogadro used the n...

    Read More
  • I Really Dont Know

    ...The short extract from the novel Hullabaloo in the Guava Orchard covers the development of the story of a community and family in disbelief of the actions of one of their own. The extract expounds on a community thriving on gossip coupled with queer actions of one of their own. Sampath is introduced later as the protagonist of the story as he is...

    Read More
  • i dont know

    ... Part I: Origins of Psychology In psychology there are several perspectives that are used to describe, predict, and explain human behavior. The three major psychological perspectives are functionalism, structuralism, and behaviorism. Functionalism stressed the importance of how behavior functions to allow people and animals to adapt to ...

    Read More
  • I Dont Know

    ...spelling of theater or the British and Australian version.” To increase revenue (“But after launching the Web site… 65 percent increase” (of selling)) To get data knowledge To have more credibility Question 2: If you were a management consultant to Sew What? What would you advise Megan Duckett to do at this point to be eve...

    Read More
  • I Dont Know

    ...each parent has a normal cystic fibrosis gene, which they do as shown in the picture, and a faulty cystic fibrosis gene, each child has a 25 percent chance of inheriting two normal genes and a 50 percent chance of inheriting one normal gene and one faulty gene and a 25 percent chance of inheriting two faulty genes. I really can’t even say. I j...

    Read More
  • I Dont Know

    ...3.5 The Supply and Demand (Price Floors and Ceilings) | Think about how much gas you and your family use every week. If your family owns a car, ask your parents about how many gallons of gas is purchased every week. If you are a driver- how many gallons do you consume every week? Do you ride on a bus or other Prices send signals and prov...

    Read More
  • I dont know

    ...Reconstruction era. In addition to offering an introduction to early U.S. history, this course aims to introduce students to the interpretive art of historiography. The instructor realizes that for many students this may be one of the few opportunities to think about the past and how it is studied. Therefore, the second goal of the course is ...

    Read More
  • I dont know

    ...way about ourselves. I have found myself a victim to the mind games the media puts us teenage girls through, since we are easily hypnotized by what being beautiful means. Growing up, day by day, I found myself hating who I am. Why aren't I like those girls on t.v? Why don't I look like that? Why don't I dress that way? Why don't I act like tha...

    Read More

Discover the Best Free Essays on StudyMode

Conquer writer's block once and for all.

High Quality Essays

Our library contains thousands of carefully selected free research papers and essays.

Popular Topics

No matter the topic you're researching, chances are we have it covered.