Health and Safety CU2667 1.1-1.3 The Health and Safety Act started in 1974 and is a policy that insures that the conditions you work in are safe and prevents you or anyone else getting injured or hurt at work. In my current work area we uphold the Health and Safety Act by 3 simple steps:-
1. Always tidy or clean up after yourself.
2. Report any damages or anything that could be a risk to yourself or another member of staff or a patient.
Failing to comply with the Health and safety Act could result in a Heavy fine, Imprisonment and works worst of all a serious accident to someone. To prevent this it is everyone’s responsibility to communicate with each other, clean up after ourselves and report anything that you think that might cause an accident. That includes not just the staff but patients, contractors as well we are all part of one big Team.
Manual Handling CU2667 5.1-5.2 The Manual Handling Policy is there to teach us how to lift properly and move patients properly and how to use the right equipment without causing harm or injury to either yourself, a team member or a patient. To uphold this policy we do 3 things:-
1. You always access what your about to do before you do it.
2. You always lift in the correct manner and if it needs someone else to help don’t be afraid to call for assistance.
3. You always make sure you use the right equipment eg. Rota stand, Hoist.
Failing to do adhere to the policy and not follow the different techniques in the right way could result injury for either yourself or the patient or both parties. Could mean a lengthy time off sick and possible unemployment. Also the NHS could be sued for gross negligence.
COSHH CU2667 6.1 COSHH means the Control Of Substances Hazerdous to