Chapter 9, 10, 11, 12, 13 Grade Booster
AP World History
All questions are multiple choice. Please circle the correct answer.
1. Out of the following statements, which was NOT a result of the Black Death?
a. Rise of feudalism in western Europe
b. Population decline in China.
c. Scarcity of goods throughout Europe.
d. Labor shortages in agriculture and
industry in England.
2. One of the following statements is a true statement about the Heian period in Japan. Which statement is correct?
a. The Heian period was a time of
exploration and conquest for Japan
b. Mongol invaders, under the rule of
Ghengis Khan, ruled Japan during the
c. the focus of Heian civilization was on
d. Shintoism was replaced by
Confucianism in Japan during the Heian
3. Which statement is correct about the Magna Carta?
a. It created a system of common law in
b. It eliminated heredity as a
requirement to hold the throne.
c. It did little to stop the growth of
centralized government in England.
d. It established a model Parliament
with advisory powers.
4. Monasticism was a characteristic of which of the following religions?
a. Greek Orthodoxy
5. One of the following statements is not correct about Neo-Confucianism; which is it?
a. Neo-Confucians desire restrictions to
be placed upon the merchant class
b. Neo-Confucians continue the cultural
clashes with Buddhism
c. Loyalty to the government becomes
more important than familial ties
d. Neo-Confucianism is a dominant
philosophy system within China’s
6. Which statement is correct about the Tang Dynasty and the Byzantine Empire?
a. While the Byzantine Empire had a
large urban center, the Tang Dynasty
was more decentralized with small
along trading routes
b. Both of their governments consisted
of bureaucrats who received an
c. There was considerable overlap between
church and state in both governmental
affairs and everyday life in both societies
d. Silk weaving was the major industry
only in the Tang Dynasty
7. Which statement is NOT true about the Ming Dynasty?
a. China was no longer under the control of
b. Contact with other nations increased
with the creation of a Chinese navy
c. Buddhism became the official state
religion of China
d. Chinese foreign policy was based on
collecting tribute instead of waging war
8. What was one of the things that caused the spread of Eastern Orthodoxy?
a. the Mongol invasions of the Balkans
and Kiev Russia
b. the development of the Cyrillic alphabet
c. the use of icons and symbols in religious
d. integration of folk customs and practices
into religious doctrine
9. Which of the following is a correct difference between feudalism and manorialism?
a. Trade and commerce were important
in the feudal system
b. Feudalism was a political system
manorialism was an economic system
c. Advances in agricultural technology
had a more positive impact on feudalism
than on manorialism
d. While feudalism involved the
exchange of military services, only
manorialism involved a social hierarchy
10. One major difference between the Aztec and Inca civilization was
a. that while the Inca were agrarian, the
Aztecs were nomadic
b. the Aztecs built religious monuments
while the Inca did not
c. Incans were monotheistic while the
Aztecs worshipped many gods
d. the Aztec developed a system of
while the Inca did not 11. Manorialism ends in European nations in the 1100s for all of the following reasons EXCEPT: a. the development of a money-based economy
b. the formation of towns and cities
c. peasant rebellions against nobles
d. severe floods that destroyed fields and crops
12. Japanese feudal society was comprised of all of the following...
Please join StudyMode to read the full document