Economic Activities influences :
Economic System – is an organized way in which a state or nation allocates its resources & apportions goods and services in the national community. Functions of Economy:
1. Provides physical subsistence necessary for group survival in a society.
2. Generates social changes for the continuity of society.
3. Maintains a balance w/ the other social system.
4. Indicate the nature of social stratification.
GLOBALIZATION is the process by w/c money, goods, information & people move across nations at a pace made possible by the rapid advance in communications & travel.
It changed the face of human societies, shatterd culture & Social system.
RELIGION -Comes from latin word- religare (to bind together)
(Durkheim) - defines as unified system of beliefs & practice. Relative to sacred things, things set apart & forbidden.
(Giddens) - a set of symbols w/c arouses feelings of reverence & awe- linked to ceremonial rituals. Religious practice - guides to behavior- thus play Important role in society.
ELEMENTS OF RELIGION:
2. Sacred & Profane
3. Rituals & Ceremonies
4. Moral Community
1. Religion provides explanation about the unknown & some measure of certainty in an unknown world.
2. Gives meaning & purpose/ provide perspectivefor looking at the world.
3. Integrates fundamental values from the ultimate values of the supreme being.
4. Allays fears & anxieties by reassuring them of care & protection of their deity.
5. Integrative function- means of social cohesion/group solidarity.
6. Performs welfare, education & recreation