Back end system
•Integration of key business process from end user through original supplier that provide products, services and information that add value for customers.
•Some of world class companies such as Dell computer have superb supply chain with innovation application.
Demand driven supply sources
Push versus pull based supply chain models:
Manufacturer production based on forecast
inventory based stock based purchase what on forecast on forecast is available
produce to order
Distributer automatically replenish
Retailer automatically customer replenish stock orders Customer
• Basically , any components of a computer system that can be touched is a hardware.
• To set up a e-commerce business,we need a WebSite.And,to set up a Web site we need Hardware.
• The hardware required to set up e-commerce is almost similar to our Personal Computers.The additional
Devices required are Router and Networking (TCP/IP) and Ports.
• The computers used to set up e-commerce is known as
• Picture of the first web-server:
The world's first web server, a NeXT Computer workstation with Ethernet, 1990, the case label reads:
"This machine is a server. DO NOT POWER IT DOWN!!"
The inside and front of a Dell PowerEdge web server, a computer designed for rack mounting
• Multiple web servers may be used for a high traffic website, here four SunFire X4200 servers are installed together
• A web server is a hardware device that is used to host websites