PAST, PRESENT, AND FUTURE
1. E-marketing affects traditional marketing in which of the following ways?
a. increases efficiency of traditional marketing functions
b. technologically transforms marketing strategies
c. marginalizes customer value but increases profitability
d. both A and B (d; Moderate; LO2; Use of Information Technology)
2. ________ is the subset of e-business focused on transactions that include buying/selling, digital value creation, and virtual marketplaces.
c. Digital technology
d. ESP (a; Easy; LO2; Use of Information Technology)
3. Convenient, quick access to digital information has the ability to transform all of the following except ________.
(a; Easy; LO1; Use of Information Technology)
4. The internet consists of all of the following except ________.
a. computers with data
b. users who send and receive data files, such as e-mail and text messages
c. a technology infrastructure to create, move, share, and consume content
d. a central mainframe
(d; Moderate; LO1; Use of Information Technology)
5. Data, such as digital coupons or customer complaints, exchanged between companies and consumers typically travel via _____, while off-line electronic data collection, such as bar code scanners or databases, shared internally within an organization, travel via ________.
a. internet; intranet
b. extranet; internet
c. extranet; intranet
d. the Web; the social network
(a; Moderate; LO1; Use of Information Technology)
6. All of the following e-marketing technologies exist without the World Wide Web, except ________.
a. electronic data interchange
c. text messaging
d. hypertext navigation
(a; Difficult; LO1; Use of Information Technology)
7. In its technical performance, the internet supports the following roles except