Reading Questions Ways of the World Textbook Chapters 1-3 Bullet-point your answers. Write responses in color; keep NO SPACING, 11 font. When completed, send to my work email: firstname.lastname@example.org
1) Using the map on pages 14-15, list the sequence of human migration across the planet.
2) On page 19, how did the Austronesian migrations differ from other early patterns of human movement? Include the two major developments that followed.
3) From pages 20-22, list 9-10 aspects of Paleolithic/hunter-gatherer life.
4) Although religious activity during the Paleolithic Era is difficult to analyze, use page 22 and list 2-3 things we know about Paleolithic cultural practices.
5) Using pages 23-24, identify 2-3 changes due to the end of the Last Ice Age between 16,000-10,000BCE.
6) List 3 ways the Jomon society in Japan was impacted by the end of the last Ice Age using page 24.
7) How did the Chumash culture differ from that of the San culture? Identify 5-6 differences from pgs. 29-31.
8) What role did women play in the Agricultural Revolution? Use page 52.
9) The Agricultural Revolution in the Americas was quite unique and distinct from the Eastern Hemisphere. List 3 major differences found on the bottom of page 55-56.
10) Describe the two major ways agriculture spread? Use page 56.
11) Indo-European languages began in what modern-day country? Use page 57.
12) How did the Agricultural Revolution positively AND negatively impact humanity? Use pages 61-62 to create a list of 9-10 total details.
13) Describe the complex relationship between pastoral peoples and their farming neighbors from page 63.
14) How did chiefdoms differ from stateless agricultural village societies? Identify 2-3 differences from pages 65-66.
15) Using the map on page 88-89...
Please join StudyMode to read the full document