These are the APEH essay questions for the years 2001-2005. How would you have done? Can you categorize them? Develop a thesis? Find supporting evidence?
1. (DBQ) Analyze various views regarding Western European unity from 1946 to 1989.
2. Analyze how economic and social developments affected women in England in the period from 1700 to 1850.
3. Using examples from at least two different states, analyze the key features of the “new monarchies” and the factors responsible for their rise in the period 1450 to 1550.
4. Compare and contrast the motives and actions of Martin Luther in the German states and King Henry VIII in England in bringing about religious change during the Reformation.
5. Historians speak of the rise of mass politics in the period from 1880 to 1914. Define this phenomenon and analyze its effects on European politics in this period.
6. Assess the extent to which the economic and political ideals of Karl Marx were realized in post-revolutionary Russia in the period from 1917 to 1939.
7. Analyze the economic, technological, and institutional factors responsible for western Europe’s domination of world trade from 1650 to 1800.
1. (DBQ) Analyze attitudes and responses to "the poor" in Europe between approximately 1450 and 1700.
2. Compare and contrast the extent to which the French Revolution (1789-1799) and the Russian Revolution (1917-1924) changed the status of women.
3. Analyze the ways in which technology and mass culture contributed to the success of dictators in the 1920s and 1930s.
4. Analyze the factors working for and against European unity from 1945 to 2001.
5. Analyze the influence of humanism on the visual arts in the Italian Renaissance. Use at least three specific works to support your analysis.
6. Assess the importance of the Scientific Revolution on religion and philosophy in the period 1550 to 1750.
7. Contrast the importance of