1. Identify Arteries and Veins on checklist on: Torso model Blood vessel Flat board 1/2-size Muscle Figure Arm and Leg models Life size Wall Chart.
2. Slides - Identify artery, vein, capillary and aorta.
- Identify the three tunics (wall layers) in all vessels and the tissue that composes each tunic. Tunica interna (intima)- endothelium (simple squamous epithelium) Tunica media- smooth muscle Tunica externa (adventitia)- connective tissue
- Know the blood oxygenation level of systemic arteries and veins.
- Identify vessel types and wall layers on model.
3. Special Circulations - identify blood vessels and structures on checklist. Circle of Willis - identify blood vessels on skull/cervical vertebrae model.
Pulmonary - identify on Torso model and unlabeled Figure 32.14. Know degree of oxygenation in all structures and vessels.
Hepatic Portal - identify vessels on liver model and blood vessels wall chart.
Fetal - identify structures and vessels on model of fetus. Know degree of oxygenation in major vessels and in Figure 32.14(a)
4. X-rays- Identify cardiovascular structures on films on view box in lab.
5. Define: Atherosclerosis and atherosclerotic plaque. Identify on Death of an Artery and arterial plaque models.
1. Identify and define these instruments:
- Stethoscope - Sphygmomanometer
2. Define: Blood Pressure
- What kind of vessel and usual location is it taken?
- What is the Systolic BP? Diastolic BP?
- Normal range of BP?
- Define: Hypotension
3. Define: Pulse - Identify pulse points on unlabeled diagram, Figure 33A.3 Palpation
Auscultation - What are the heart sounds? - Identify locations that heart valves are best heard, Figure 33A.2
1. Identify organs and structures on checklist on Flat Lung model