Part 1: Multiple Choice: Choose the best answer. (worth 1 point each)
Act I Scene One
1. Why did Walter ask Ruth what was wrong with her?
2. Why was Ruth upset when Walter gave Travis the money?
3. Who are Willy and Bobo?
4. Walter said, “Damn my eggs…damn all the eggs that ever was!” Why?
5. Who is Beneatha?
6. Why did Beneatha say she wouldn’t marry George?
7. What was Beneatha’s attitude towards God?
8. What happened to Ruth at the end of Act I Scene One?
Act I Scene Two
9. Who is Joseph Asagai?
10. What did Ruth find out in the doctor’s office?
11. Why is Asagai’s nickname for Beneatha appropriate?
12. What does Mama say is “dangerous”?
13. Why did Mama call Walter a disgrace to his father’s memory?
Act II Scene One
14. What are “Assimilationist Negroes”?
15. What did Mama do with her money?
Act II Scene Two
16. How did Ruth find out Walter hadn’t been going to work?
17. Where had Walter been going instead of work?
18. What did Mama do for Walter?
Act II Scene Three
19. Who was Karl Lindner?
20. What presents did Mama get?
21. What news did Bobo bring to Walter?
22. Why didn’t Beneatha want to be a doctor anymore?
23. What does Asagai ask Beneatha to do?
24. Why didn’t Walter take the money Lindner offered?
25. Did the Youngers stay of move?
Important Quotations: Tell who said it and why it’s significant.
Quote 1: "Weariness has, in fact, won in this room. Everything has been polished, washed, sat on, used, scrubbed too often. All pretenses but living itself have long since vanished from the very atmosphere of this room" Quote 2: "Yeah. You see, this little liquor store we got in mind cost seventy-five thousand and we figured the initial investment on the place be 'bout thirty thousand, see. That be ten thousand each... Baby, don't nothing happen for you in this world 'less you pay somebody off!" Quote 3: "We one group of men tied to a race of...
Please join StudyMode to read the full document