HOW TO FORMAT YOUR COMPUTER WITH XP DISC
The word Format can mean quite a few things in the world of computers. You could format text in a word document, have a different file format, or in this case, format the hard drive in your computer. Sometimes you need to format to ultra clean your computer. It makes it faster, new looking and gets rid of errors and viruses. Windows XP disc is bootable and really does everything for you. (Well nearly) This means that when you insert a Windows XP disc into your computer, it should start automatically. However before you do format a computer you should backup your data. Some things to backup include: photos, my documents, favourites folder, emails, all contacts, passwords and more, You can back them up on a Flash Drive or Exterbal Drive.Here is where to find drivers. How to Format a computer using a Windows XP disc
1. First you must put your Windows XP CD in the drive.
2. Then restart your computer.
3. When it says press any key to boot from cd, Press any key on the keyboard. (Go to step 6) 4. If it doesn't ask you this then restart your computer again. 5. Go into the BIOS settings of your PC, usually by pressing the F1, F2, F10, or maybe the delete key. If you are not sure watch the screen at startup and it will say "To enter setup press.......". You have to be quick and press it. If you miss it restart again. Once you are in the bios you have to change the boot options. You have to make your cd rom the first boot option. Save and exit. 6. A blue screen will appear and you are on your way..
7. Press Enter to setup Windows XP now. See screenshot above. 8. If there is a copy of Windows XP on your computer and you wish to overwrite it you will have to press the escape button when prompted. (screenshot below) Do not install Windows XP in another directory unless you know what you are doing. Just overwrite the previous version as you should have backed up your data anyway.
9. You should now make the partition that had windows on it blue and press D to delete the partition. It will ask if you are sure. Press L to confirm. More details on deleting partitions. 10. Then Press C to create another partition and Windows will estimate a size for you. If you wanted to partition your hard drive into two equal parts you would have to do some math's and then type the appropriate number in. Otherwise just going with what Windows puts there will be the minimum partition size. 11. Press Enter to confirm size.
12. Then it will ask you which partition you want to install Windows on. The default is C: drive. Select this by making it blue and press enter. 13. If there are no partitions it will create one for you. 14. Then it will ask you to format quick, normal, in fat32 or NTFS. Fat32 suits older computers so I choose a quick format with NTFS. Quick or Slow is fine. If you had errors it is better to use a slow format which can also be known as a low level format. 15. From now on you just Follow the prompts and let it go.. 16. The computer will restart and it will try to boot from cd again...Do not press anything on the keyboard.. Just let it go through the stages of setup. 17. Make sure you have your serial number ready to enter in. This can be found on your coa certificate which is a sticker usually written on your Cd park. 18. Do not remove the Windows XP CD until the computer has started up with a new desktop and icons. HOW COMPUTER VIRUS ARE BEEN TRANSMITTED
19. Computer viruses have come to stay and there's nothing we can do about that. However it is extremely important to know how they are transmitted if we want to prevent them.
-These days, most of the viruses spread due to receiving spam e-mail messages that contains viruses. When a an unsuspecting user opens such an infected message, the virus is also loaded into the computer memory. Many other program files become infected with the virus and become...
Please join StudyMode to read the full document