UNIVERSITY OF NAIROBI
SCHOOL OF LAW
LAW OF SUCCESSION (GPR 417) WILL
MURIEL ADHIAMBO ADONGO
THE REPUBLIC OF KENYA
LAST WILL AND TESTAMENT
SALLY WAMBUI MWANGI
I, SALLY WAMBUI MWANGI (ID NO. 228540) of Post Office Box Number 65234, Nairobi, in the Republic of Kenya HEREBY REVOKE all previous wills, codicils and other testamentary dispositions AND DECLARE this to be my LAST WILL and TESTAMENT.
1. I TESTIFY that I am an adult female of sound mind.
2. I DECLARE that I am domiciled in Kenya and that in so far as possible the interpretation and administration of this my Last Will and Testament shall be guided or where applicable governed by the relevant provisions of the Law of Succession Act, Chapter 160, Laws of Kenya.
3. I APPOINT CECILIA NJERI NJUGUNA (ID NO. 234057) of P.O Box 32250 Nairobi in the Republic of Kenya to be the sole Executor and Trustee of this my will.
4. I AUTHORISE my Executor and Trustee to pay all my just debts as well as my funeral and testamentary expenses as a first charge of my estate following my death.
5. I GIVE, DEVISE and BEQUEATH all my real and personal property of every nature and kind to the hereafter named dependants in the following proportions:
i. My parcel of land known as NAIROBI/BLOCK 44955 in Langata together with the apartments erected thereon absolutely:
a) To my daughter JENNIFER WANGUI MWANGI, APARTMENT NO. 1
b) To my daughter JANET NYAMBURA MWANGI, APARTMENT NO. 2
c) To my son JASPER MACHARIA MWANGI APARTMENT NO. 3
d) To my husband VICTOR MWAURA MWANGI APARTMENT NO.s 4, 5 and 6. I acknowledge that all the contents in the aforesaid apartments including household goods, furniture, utensils etc belong to my husband absolutely
ii. My shares in Sky High Airlines:
a) To my husband VICTOR MWAURA MWANGI 40 shares
b) To my son JASPER MACHARIA MWANGI 20 shares
c) To my daughter JENNIFER WANGUI MWANGI, 20 shares
d) To my daughter, JANET NYAMBURA MWANGI 20 shares
iii. My parcel of land known as LR56453/22 together with any improvements thereon absolutely to my children in equal shares.
iv. My bungalow erected and standing on family land in Kiambu to my mother SANDRA WANGECI MARITA for her use and occupation absolutely during her lifetime. Upon her demise the said house shall revert to the family
v. My VW Passat of Registration No. KDE 330Z to my aforesaid son.
vi. All my clothes, jewellery and ornaments to my aforesaid daughters in equal shares.
vii. All my belongings and personal effects to my aforesaid husband and children for their use and benefit.
viii. All the money plus any interest thereon that shall be standing to my credit in all bank accounts I shall die possessed of with instructions that the money and proceeds thereof shall exclusively be used for education and medical expenses of my aforesaid children.
6. Any differences of opinion arising between my heirs with regard to any of my assets whatsoever or the ownership, character, value or otherwise, of the same or as to the meaning or true interpretation of anything contained in my Will shall be settled first amongst themselves before resort to Court.
In witness, whereof I, the said SALLY WAMBUI MWANGI have signed my name on this Nineteenth (19th) day of February, Two Thousand and Fifteen (2015).
Signed by the said SALLY WAMBUI MWANGI, the testatrix and published and declared as her last Will and Testament, in the presence of us both present together and in her presence and in the presence of each other have hereunto subscribed our names as witnesses:
1. PETER KAMAU NJAGI (ID NO 235032)
PO BOX 523
2. ANNE MUTHONI MUREITHI (ID NO 287877)
PO BOX 7754
Please join StudyMode to read the full document