STUDY GUIDE - Test #1 (Units 1-3, Chapters 1-9)
1. Explain the official ending of the American Revolution in 1783?
2. In 1754, identify Benjamin Franklin and his use of a political cartoon at the Albany Congress on “the present disunited state of the British Colonies”.
3. On the issue of women’s rights, the delegates to the Constitutional Convention did what?
4. Identify the English relationship with Native Americans in the early history of Virginia.
5. Which general became a “traitor” to the American cause and joined the British?
6. Describe the Whiskey Rebellion.
7. Explain the role of women in the American colonies throughout the colonial era.
8. Describe what changes occurred following the first people …show more content…
Why did the Founders author the Declaration of Independence? How many sections make up the Declaration? List and describe each section.
28. What was the role of indentured servants in America?
29. Describe the most important “cash crop” in seventeenth-century in the following colonies: Virginia, South Carolina, and Pennsylvania.
30. How did the English acquire the colony of New York?
31. Why was New England more prone to trade and manufacturing during the colonial period?
32. What did the “Mayflower Compact” of 1620 provide for the Plymouth Colony?
33. What eventually happened to the struggling Virginia Company and its colony in 1624?
34. List and explain the basic beliefs of Puritans. Who was their leader in Boston in 1630?
35. Explain how the governments of Spain and France in the New World differed from that of English colonies during the seventeenth and eighteenth centuries.
36. How did the Protestant Reformation of the early 16th century affect the migration pattern of the English Colonies in the seventeenth century?
37. What was the result of King Philip’s War?
38. Who was George Whitefield? Describe his accomplishments in America.
39. What was the result of Bacon’s Rebellion in …show more content…
Describe the structure of government as proposed in the “Virginia Plan” and “New Jersey Plan” of the Constitutional Convention.
62. Which Founder was asked by his wife to “remember the ladies”?
63. List the attendees to the Constitutional Convention and those major Founders not attending.
64. What was the original purpose of the Convention? Describe what special procedures were put into place at the Convention which made the meeting secretive.
65. Who stated, “The tree of Liberty must be refreshed from time to time with the blood of patriots and tyrants”? What does this quote mean?
66. Following the Constitutional Convention, many Antifederalists leaders were against the ratification of the document. Why? How did Federalists finally get the moderate Antifederalists to agree to the new Constitution?
67. Define and list some of the following powers: delegated, concurrent, and reserved.
68. What city and colony, founded in 1733, was designed to serve as the administrative capital of an “experimental” colony?
69. List primary leaders of both the Antifederalists and Federalists during the ratification process of the newly drafted Constitution.
70. What was the direct result of the 1735 trial of Peter