Topic: Why you should donate blood.
General Purpose: To persuade the audience why they should donate blood.
Specific Purpose: To persuade the audience why they should donate blood by telling them some surprising statistics about donating blood and what they can do to help solve the problem.
1.Imagine your father has just suffered a heart attack and must undergo an open-hearth surgery.
2.imagine your little brother or sister was born with a heart defect and requires daily transfusions of blood in order to survive
3.imagine you best friend has just been been diagnosed with leukemia, a disease the requires frequent transfusions of blood platelets.
4. These are all things we don’t want to think about but unfortunately they happen a. Naturally you would hope the hospital has enough recourses to keep your loved ones alive while you are powerless to help. b. But there is one way you can help, and thats by donating blood.
1. I donated blood whenever possible when I was in High School
2. I have done a lot of research about the process and benefits of donating blood
A. Problems and stats
1. A single car accident victim can require up to 100 pints of blood a. 100 pints is about 12 gallons b. The average human male’s body contains roughly 8 pints of blood and thats if he weighs around 150lbs.
2. More than 41,000 blood donations are needed per day a. Every 2 seconds someone in the U.S. needs blood
3. An estimated 38% of the US population is eligible to donate blood but less than 10% actually donate per year a. that means that the blood supply in U.S. is consistently low while the demand only increases
C. Why donate? 1. Donating Blood is safe! a. They use a sterile needle that is used only once for each donor.
2. You get feeling of accomplishment knowing that your blood will help save lives a. After all, whats better than