1. What is the name for all the electromagnetic waves that exist? Names of the electromagnetic waves that exist are Gamma Rays, X-Rays, Ultraviolet Waves, Visible Light, Microwaves, and Radio Waves.
2. What are electromagnetic waves produced from? What two things do they have? Electromagnetic waves are produced by the vibration of charged particles and have electrical and magnetic properties.
3. What is the name for the section of the electromagnetic spectrum that we can see with our eyes? The name of the section of the EM spectrum we can see is the visible light region.
Radio Waves (3:39)
4. Where are radio waves on the electromagnetic spectrum in terms of energy and frequency? Radio waves are the longest …show more content…
7. Where are Microwaves found on the electromagnetic spectrum? Microwaves have wavelengths ranging from 30 centimeters down to 1 millimeter. Microwaves fall between radio waves and infrared waves.
8. Describe one thing that C‐Band Microwaves are used for? Medium length C-Band Microwaves are used for revealing the Earth’s surface.
9. What did two scientists discovered by accident using L‐Band Microwaves? The two scientists accidentally discovered and detected what they thought was noise from their instrument, but was actually a constant background signal coming from everywhere in space.
10. YOUR THOUGHTS: What is the most common use for microwaves today? I think the most common use for microwaves today is weather forecasting and navigation because the microwaves would provide the satellite images of the weather.
Infrared Waves (5:22)
11. What is unique about infrared waves compared to the visible light spectrum?
What is unique about infrared waves compared to visible light is that infrared waves can reveal objects in the universe that cannot be seen with optical