Working Towards Wellness
To complete this assignment:
1. Fill in the information above.
2. Answer all of the questions below; the boxes expand to accommodate your writing. 3. An example of an excellent response is shown below.
4. Directions for saving and submitting can be found at the end of this document.
Objective: Demonstrate appropriate self-care skills including health maintenance and stress management.
Example Question: How do you think wellness affects college success? Example Answer: I think that health and wellness have a major impact on academic success. When I am stressed out and do not eat well or exercise enough, then I have difficulty maintaining my energy levels. When I do not get enough sleep at night, I have trouble focusing on my assignments and staying awake to complete them. Therefore, I need to take care of myself so that I can stay physically and mentally strong enough to reach my academic goals.
Provide a detailed response to each question using at least three sentences.
1. Briefly analyze and describe your current nutritional habits. Explain any changes you would like to make in this area. Identify one obstacle that might prevent you from improving in this area and propose how you can overcome this obstacle. (Hint: See pages 357-361 in your textbook) My current nutritional habits are not very good. I would like to start eating healthier than I currently do. One obstacle that might prevent that is healthier things at the store is more costly than un-nutritional food. I could start changing my diet little by little.
2. Briefly analyze and describe your current exercise habits. Explain any changes you would like to make in this area. Identify one obstacle that might prevent you from improving in this area and propose how you can overcome this obstacle. (Hint: See pages 361-362 in your textbook) My current exercise habits are not very good either. I would like to start walking more...
Please join StudyMode to read the full document