Week 7 : Ethical, Social, Political, and Security Issues for 21st Century Companies - Homework
Top of Form
1. Social media sites result in loss of personal information because (Points : 1)
| sites lack appropriate tools to prevent security fraud.
hackers spend more time working to penetrate the sites.
users are not careful and share inappropriate business or personal information. Wikileaks is publishing social media site information.
2. Information systems (Points : 1)
pose traditional ethical situations in new manners.
raise new ethical questions.
raise the same ethical questions created by the Industrial Revolution. raise ethical questions primarily related to information rights and obligations.
3. The feature of social institutions that means mechanisms are in place to determine responsibility for an action is called (Points : 1)
| due process.
courts of appeal.
the judicial system.
4. The process in law-governed societies in which laws are known and understood and there is an ability to appeal to higher authorities to ensure that the laws are applied correctly is called (Points : 1)
courts of appeal.
5. Immanuel Kant's Categorical Imperative states that (Points : 1)
| if an action cannot be taken repeatedly, then it is not right to be taken at any time. one should take the action that produces the least harm or incurs the least cost. one can put value in rank order and understand the consequences of various courses of action. if an action is not right for everyone to take, it is not right for anyone to take.
6. The ethical "no free lunch" rule states that (Points : 1)
| if an action cannot be taken repeatedly, then it is not right to be taken at any time. one should take the action that produces the least harm or incurs the least cost. one can put values in rank order and understand the consequences of various courses of action. everything is owned by someone else, and that the creator wants compensation for this work.
7. European privacy protection is _____ than in the United States. (Points : 1)
| less far-reaching
less liable to laws
much less stringent
much more stringent
8. Intellectual property can best be described as (Points : 1)
| intangible property created by individuals or corporations.
unique creative work or ideas.
tangible property created from a unique idea.
the manifestation of an intangible idea.
9. It is not feasible for companies to produce error-free software because (Points : 1)
| any programming code is susceptible to error.
it is not possible to create perfect software on a large scale. errors can be introduced in the maintenance stage of development. any software of any complexity will have errors.
10. The practice of spamming has been growing because (Points : 1)
| it is unregulated.
it is good advertising practice and brings in many new customers. it helps pay for the Internet.
it is so inexpensive and can reach so many people.
11. Which of the five moral dimensions of the information age does spamming raise? (Points : 1)
| Quality of life
Accountability and control
Information rights and obligations
12. Policies, procedures, and technical measures used to prevent unauthorized access, alteration, theft, or physical damage to information systems refers to (Points : 1)
13. Security challenges posed by the communications between layers in a client/server environment are (Points : 1)
| line taps and denial of service attacks.
tapping, sniffing, and message alteration.
computer viruses, line taps, and loss of machine.
vandalism, theft and fraud, and line taps.
14. Phishing involves (Points : 1)
redirecting users to a fraudulent website even when the user has typed in...
Please join StudyMode to read the full document