Week 6 Individual Project
A new innovative warehouse system it is been introduced to ease the movement of items in warehouses this system includes autonomous mobile vehicles which will move quickly through the warehouse and load and move orders to the fulfilment platform. An entrepreneur, Dr Ryan O'Neal, and an investor, Jeff Hoffman investing $12 million in this project as a startup capital, Dr O'Neal have a good deal of experience in mobile robotics while Jeff Hoffman is an investor with a rich experience in warehouse management, supply chain management, and fulfillment technologies. As mentioned PMBOK Guide that usually project initiated to achieve organization strategy plans like market demands, business opportunities, technological advancements and customer requests (PMBOK 2008 p.10) Mission of statement:
Sturata Inc. mission is to be the market leader in making innovative operating systems in production warehouses. That will enable our client’s quality production and profitability. And also to concentrate on delivering the best advanced innovative technology with a vision of building up a relationship between humans and machine through our systems and technology. Company goals:
With rapid pace of technology business our company Sturata Inc. vision is to be engaged in cooperated global research and building up networks for the development of global markets. Our employees are our main assets to achieve our goals therefore collaborated culture is designed to encourage, develop and enhance their creative ideas to cope up with the fast changing technology business. Company Objectives:
The project objective is to launch the product within 10 months from the start of the project. To fulfil the requirement of committed customers in the U.S. in order secure future venture funding. Company philosophy:
Our plan to create learning environment to embrace our values and diversity at Sturata Inc. have clear goals and objectives to everybody and encourage collaboration and cooperation among the team members in order to engage them to achieve company goals and objectives. Project Statement
To create the start-up company for production and installing autonomous mobile vehicles within 10 months from the start date and the required production operation at a rate of 50 units per week . Company name: Sturata Inc.
Company business: Manufacturing and supplier of autonomous mobile vehicles. Company type: joint venture.
Company organization structure: functional organization structure. Company location: Vermont, USA
Sturata Inc. Company will be setup in Vermont, USA. The initial market for the new company will be inside the United States after that there is an idea of opening a production centre in China. Organization structure:
The purpose of the Staffing (resource) management plan is to know and determine the required resources types and quantity for the project (Sanghera, 2010). 1. President and CEO (Chief Executive Officer) Jeff Hoffman strong background in warehouse management, supply chain management. 2. Vice president, engineering and the CTO (Chief Technical Officer) Dr Ryan O'Neal is an expert in mobile robotics 3. Project manager COO (Chief Operating Officer) YNJ has experience in managing projects under different organisational structures as functional, matrix and projectized structures. 4. CFO (Chief Financial Officer) Vacant.
5. VP, Administration. Miss Yamaguchi has earlier experience of setting up two start-ups in cross-cultural configurations. 6. Design and development team which will be contracted through small company called Ryoichi in Tokyo, Japan will be responsible for the design of the autonomous vehicles. 7. Human resources department.
8. Safety health and environment department
9. Technical and designing department taking care of the quality issues too. 10. Assembling team
11. Finance department
12. Administration and legal department
* Project Management Institute. (2008) a guide to the project management body of knowledge (PMBOK® guide). 4th Ed
* Sangerah, P. (2010) PMP in Depth: Project Management Professional Study Guide for the PMP Exam: 2nd Edn. Boston:Course Technology
* Wysocki, R.K. (2009) Effective Project Management –Traditional, Agile, Extreme. 5th Edn. Indianapolis: Wiley Publishing Inc.
* Meredith & Mantel, J.R. & Mantel, S.J. Jr. (2009) Project management: A managerial approach. Hoboken, New Jersey: John Wiley & Sons.
* Baca, Claudia. 2005 Project Manager 's Spotlight on Change Management. University of Liverpool Online Library [On line] Available from http://site.ebrary.com/id/10131902?ppg=16 (Accessed: 15 March 2013).
* A & C Black (2007) Steps to Success: Manage Teams Successfully University of Liverpool Online Library [On line] Available from http://site.ebrary.com/id/10196621?ppg=12 (Accessed: 16 Feb 2013).
* Emerald Insight Staff. (2005) Stress management. University of Liverpool Online Library [Online]. Pp.61-65. Available from: http://site.ebrary.com.ezproxy.liv.ac.uk/lib/liverpool/docDetail.action?docID=10149898 (Accessed: 21 March 2013).
Please join StudyMode to read the full document