Regulatory Analysis: Health Information Technology for Economic and Clinical Care (H.I.T.E.C.H.) Act
The use of technology has become a major driving force for many stakeholders in the health care industry; the HITECH Act is expected to play a major role in advancement. View the video The HITECH Act: Electronic Health Records and Meaningful Use and address the following: 1. Describe the major provisions and objectives of the HITECH Act.
2. Describe the key requirements of the HITECH Act for health care providers.
3. Describe the responsibilities of health care providers toward “meaningful use"?
4. Discuss at least three challenges that health care providers may confront in taking advantage of the provisions of the HITECH Act.
5. Discuss the role, if any, you think organizations, such as the Healthcare Information and Management Systems Society (HIMSS) and the American Medical Association (AMA), should play in the HITECH Act. Are they considered stakeholders? Why or why not?
6. Evaluate whether the enactment of the HITECH Act an appropriate role for government. Support your opinion.
7. What do you predict will be the outcome of the HITECT Act in the next five years and why? Your paper
1. Must be three to four double-spaced pages in length (excluding title and reference pages) and formatted according to APA style as outlined in the Ashford Writing Center.
2. Must include a title page with the following information:
Title of paper
Course name and number
3. Must begin with an introductory paragraph that has a succinct thesis statement.
4. Must address the topic of the paper with critical thought.
5. Must use at least three scholarly sources; one source must be obtained at the Ashford library. Sources must be cited according to APA style, as outlined in the Ashford Writing Center.
6. Must include a reference page.
Please join StudyMode to read the full document