Walmart's Value Chain Analysis Essay
The U.K. grocery market is highly diverse, with a wide range of formats, from convenience stores to hypermarkets, warehouse clubs and online stores. The market is currently led by five grocers (Tesco, Sainsbury, Wal-Mart‘s Asda, Morrisons and Cooperative Group), accounting for almost 55% of grocery retail banner sales, while the remaining 45% is attributed to hundreds of outlets scattered throughout the country (Planet Retail). Over the years, large players have continued to expand, both in terms of size, product range and services, increasingly taking market share from their smaller competitors.
In general, each retail chain focuses on specific market segments. For example, Tesco targets the middle market, providing both economy and upscale