Wages and Salary
2. Mr. Leonard took a job through an employment agency. The job pays $88K per year. He must pay a fee to the employment agency of 22% of his first four weeks’ pay. How much money must Mr. Leonard pay the agency, to the nearest cent? 88,000/12=7,333.3 12*.22=2.64
3. Mr. Varello is paid semimonthly. His annual salary is $64,333. What is his semimonthly salary, rounded to the nearest cent? 64,333/12=5,361.08/2=2,680.54
4. Julianne works at a local Emerald Monday restaurant. Her regular hourly wage is $9.50.
a. She regularly works 40 hours per week. What is her regular weekly pay? 9.50*40=380
b. If she works 50 weeks each year at this rate, what is her annual salary? 380*50=19,000
5. Mr. Ed earns $14.50 per hour. His regular hours are 40 hours per week, and he receives time-and-a-half overtime. Find his total pay for a week in which he works 45 hours.21.75*5=108.75
6. Mrs. Frasier worked her 40 regular hours last week, plus four overtime hours at the doubletime rate. Her gross pay was $576. What was her hourly rate? 576/48=12
7. Last year, Mrs. Sinclair’s annual salary was $88,441. This year she received a raise and now earns
$96,402 annually. She is paid weekly.
a. What was her weekly salary last year? Round to the nearest cent. 88, 44*52=.7
b. What is Mrs. Sinclair’s weekly salary this year? Round to the nearest cent. 96,402/52=1,853.8
c. On a weekly basis, how much more does Mrs. Sinclair earn as a result of her raise? Extra $150.00
8. Rock singer and writer Beep Blair is paid 11.5% on her CD sales and music downloads. Last year, she sold 1.22 million CDs and 2.1 million music downloads. The CDs were sold to