I am going to investigate the reasons why people are leaving the business within their first 12 months of employment , in a 2 year period we hired 32 people of those 32 , 19 left within their first 12 months which is 59% leaving us with only a 41% retention rate which is extremely concerning for the business
High employee turnover, where workers frequently leave and must be replaced, leads to increased spending on recruitment and training and can indicate management problems. Employees often have good reasons for moving on but if too many are leaving an organisation, can be very disruptive.
You can plan for this turnover when someone retires, is dismissed or resigns due to ill health but sudden voluntary resignations can be very disruptive. The longer an employee works for you the more likely they are to stay, so it pays to focus on your induction and training programmes. (ACAS 2012)
Turnover can pose a serious issue on a company both internally (employee engagement) or secondly externally (company reputation) you need both to ensure the company brand and internal engagement have a telling factor on the productivity of the business.
A poor relationship with a line manager, leading to disengagement, can often be a ‘push’ factor behind an individual’s decision to leave the organisation. (CIPD 2013)
The CIPD state a number of best practice methods to decrease employee turnover in terms of our organisation I would like to highlight the below ;
Make line managers accountable - for staff turnover in their teams. Reward managers with a good record for keeping people by including the subject in appraisals. Train line managers prior to their appointment and offer re-training opportunities to existing managers who have a high level of turnover in their teams.(CIPD 2013)
The proposed study will give us as a company the chance