Unleash Your Emotions

Topics: Emotion, Feeling, Emotions Pages: 3 (842 words) Published: October 20, 2014
Unleash Your Emotions

What are emotions? In simple words, they are feelings triggerred by certain 'happenings' in life. Emotions make us different from the average 'zombie' - it makes us human. Jokes apart, everyday we go through a myriad of emotions ranging from the subtlest to the most obvious and these emotion however good or bad make us who we are. We think we go through hundreds of emotions, little do we realise that these are just teeny tiny variations of the basic 9 emotions. They are bhaya rasa (fear), Rowdra rasa (anger), Hasya rasa (laughter), Karunarasa (compassion), Bhibatsya rasa (disgust), Veera rasa (courage), Adbhutha rasa (surprise), Shantha rasa (peace), Shrungara rasa(love). All these nine emotions together are called NAVARASA (nava=nine; rasa=emotions)

“Fear makes us feel our humanity.”
When asked about their most fearsome moment, 85% of people shared their various glimpses of death while the other 15% shared their encouter with the dean (Eg: caught while throwing paper-balls to a frizzy haired girl). In order to act to your best you must learn to conquer your fears, because one that runs away from his fears is only creating a shortcut to meet it.

“Anyone can become Angry. That is easy. But to be angry with the right person, to the right degree, at the right time, for the right purpose and in the right way... that is not easy.” How does it feel to be betrayed or even maybe when you get the most terrible, frightfully awful haircut possible?- "Rowdra Rasa"! Anger is crucial though when nurtured can do you more harm than the person it was intended for. Most problems can be worked out (unlike maths) by getting to the root of it. (L'oreal style) Fought with your chuddi-buddy? - Talk (Scream if necessary) - Sort It Out - Make Peace! Problem solved!

“Laughter is the best medicine.” (unless you are diabetic, then insulin comes pretty high on the list). That awkward moment when you're laughing so hard, no noise comes out, and...
Continue Reading

Please join StudyMode to read the full document

You May Also Find These Documents Helpful

  • Emotion Coach Your Teenager Essay
  • Hijack Your Emotions Essay
  • Emotions Essay
  • Emotions Essay
  • Emotions Essay
  • Emotion Essay
  • Essay about Emotions
  • emotions Research Paper

Become a StudyMode Member

Sign Up - It's Free