Unit two: Principles of providing administrative services
You should use this file to complete your Assessment.
• The first thing you need to do is save a copy of this document, either onto your computer or a disk • Then work through your Assessment, remembering to save your work regularly • When you’ve finished, print out a copy to keep for reference • Then, go to www.vision2learn.com and send your completed Assessment to your tutor via your My Study area – make sure it is clearly marked with your name, the course title and the Unit and Assessment number.
Please note that this Assessment document has 9 pages and is made up of 9 Sections.
Section 1 – Understand how to make and receive telephone calls
1. Complete the table below with descriptions of at least two different features of a telephone system and how / when they would be used.
|Feature |How / when used | |1. Answer Phone |By pressing a number on telephone we can listen messages left by | | |others | |2. Conference Call |This allow us to speak with more than one person simultaneously | | | |
2. Prepare a brief report advising people on:
• How to follow organisational procedures when making and receiving telephone calls • The purpose of giving a positive image of yourself and your organisation when making and receiving telephone calls.
If possible, use specific information from procedures in your own organisation (or one that you are familiar with).
Within an organization while receiving calls one should follow the organizational procedure i.e. answer the phone within certain number of rings, use standard greeting, read script as advised, identify the personal when transferring the call or passing on the information and finally be ready to take colleagues calls when they are not on their desk. When you are making a call to a client ensure that you build a rapport with them and make them feel at ease. Ensure you are aware of the purpose of call and make a check list of the points that you will be asking.
The main purpose behind while receiving or making calls is to portray a good and professional image of an organization is to retain the existence customers and attract new ones and fulfil customer satisfactions
Section 2 – Understand how to handle mail
1. Explain the purpose of correctly receiving, checking and sorting mail and packages (both incoming and outgoing).
It is very important and responsibility of everyone within an organization to follow the correct procedures while receiving, checking and sorting outgoing and incoming mails. In case if a mistake is made then may be some body is waiting for an important mail and because of negligence it may go to a wrong person or even go missing. Once a mail is received we need to ensure the security and confidentaility aspect of it while delivering it to the recpients. If the mail requires urgent delivery then we need to ensure that mail is delivered or dispatched quickly and securly. It can apply to both incoming and outgoing mail as if the mail is urgent it should be treated as urgent and delivered or dispacted soon.
2. Complete the table below with the following information:
• At least two examples of internal mail services that are available to organisations • At least two examples of external mail services that are available to organisations
|Internal mail services |External mail services...
Please join StudyMode to read the full document