You should use this file to complete your Assessment.
• The first thing you need to do is save a copy of this document, either onto your computer or a disk
• Then work through your Assessment, remembering to save your work regularly
• When you’ve finished, print out a copy to keep for reference
• Then, go to www.vision2learn.com and send your completed Assessment to your tutor via your My Study area – make sure it is clearly marked with your name, the course title and the Unit and Assessment number.
Please note that this Assessment document has 8 pages and is made up of 7 Sections.
Name: Valeria D’Agostini Derech
Section 1 – Know the employment rights and responsibilities of the employee and employer
1. Identify four main points that would be included in a contract of employment. If possible, use an example contract to support your answer (feel free to obscure any confidential information).
The contract must contain this information: - Employer’s Name: The employer full name and address.
- Employee’s Name: The employee full name and address.
- Date of commencement of work: Important to establish how long have you been working with an employer.
- Main place of work: The address where the employee will work at.
2a) List three key points of legislation that affect employers in a business environment.
The law is applied to all sizes and sectors of business and organizations in the UK.
The Legislation that can affect employers are: - Health and safety it is concerned with the protecting the safety, health and welfare of people engaged in work or employment.
- Data Protection: safeguards for individuals relating to personal data stored.
- Pay and pensions: Regulate the wages and pension of an employee.
2b) List three key points of legislation that affect employees in a business