Exploring group policy administration
This lab contains the following exercises:
Exercise 8.1 Configuring the Local Computer Policy
Exercise 8.2 Configuring Processing Order
Exercise 8.3 Configuring Priority Order
Exercise 8.4 Using Block Policy Inheritance and Enforce
Exercise 8.5 Cleanup for Exercise 8.6
Exercise 8.6 Configuring Account Policies
Estimated lab time: 130 minutes
Configuring the Local Computer Policy
In this exercise you will be configuring Group Policy to see its effects on a Winodws 7 machine (Workstation##) that is a member of the domain. You will also test the implementation of a Local GPO before you move on to testing Group Policy Objects (GPOs.)
PART A: Configure the Workstation## Computer to Remove the Properties Option When Right-Clicking My Computer
1. Turn on the Server## computer and log on using your Administrator account and the password P@ssw0rd.
You are opening your server machine in preperation for later exercises.
Remember to use your domain adminstrator account and not the local administrator account.
2. Turn on the Workstation## (your Windows 7 machine) computer and log on using your Student## account for the local machine and the password P@ssw0rd.
In order to log using a local machine account click switch user, then other user and enter Workstation##\Student## as the username.
3. Click the Start button. Key gpedit.msc and press Enter. The Group Policy Object Editor opens to the Local Computer Policy.
4. Under the User Configuration node, click Administrative Templates.
5. Click the Desktop node.
6. In the right window, double-click the Remove Properties From The Computer Icon Context Menu setting. The Remove Properties From The Computer Icon Context Menu dialog box is displayed.