1. Complete the review questions:
a. A(n) __power surge____ is a momentary increase in voltage due to lightning strikes, solar flares, or electrical problems. b. __Phishing____ occurs when a person attempts to glean access or authentication information by posing as someone who needs that information. c. ___Mirroring________ is a fault-tolerance technique in which one device or component duplicates the activities of another. d. __Clustering__ is a fault-tolerance technique that links multiple servers together to act as a single server. e. ___Encryption______ is the use of an algorithm to scramble data into a format that can be read only by reversing the algorithm. 2. Using the seminar case; list some of the security breaches being practiced by the employees at the agency. A few security breaches that the employees practiced where visible and the sharing and displaying of username and password information on post it notes. They should not have this information in clear view and should change them often. Employees where making the mistake of leaking information and visiting malware sites. They were also using common passwords which showed their lack of training. They need to be trained in network security and a strong policy needs to be enforced. 3. Create a security checklist for the Banana Tree Travel Agency! Checklist:
* Are all the computers protected by virus software?
* Is the virus software configured to scan all the important hard drives and files? * Does the virus program automatically update?
* Is there a backup plan implemented for in case a virus does infect a computer or the network? * Are all firewalls in place and enabled?
* Is all the confidential information properly store on a safe and secure area of the network? * Is there at least a 6-12 mixed characters strong WEP OR WPA password on wifi network? * Are there user ID and passwords on all the computers to prevent unauthorized access? * Are all employees informed...
Please join StudyMode to read the full document