Unit 4: Living in diverse communities
You should use this file to complete your Assessment.
• The first thing you need to do is save a copy of this document, either onto your computer or a disk
• Then work through your Assessment, remembering to save your work regularly
• When you’ve finished, print out a copy to keep for reference
• Then, go to www.vision2learn.com and send your completed Assessment to your teacher via your My Study area – make sure it is clearly marked with your name, the course title and the Unit and Assessment number.
1. Describe a range of appropriate investigative methods that can be used to explore diversity in a community.
Range of age. Sex male to female ratio. Different religion/faiths, marital status marriage & divorce statistics. Ethnicity i.e. which ethnic group is most prominent & Education etc. This information for example can be sourced by accessing census information, the internet & also through observational data
2. Using one (or more) of the methods you outlined in Question 1, describe the extent of diversity that exists within your community. You should illustrate your work with some actual data such as statistics or desktop research.
Statistics for the whole of BD4 area on religion
|All People |Count |Persons |17497 |
|Christian |Count |Persons |3892 |
|Buddhist |Count |Persons |8 |
|Hindu |Count |Persons |158 |
|Jewish |Count |Persons |7 |
|Muslim |Count |Persons |10310 |
|Sikh |Count |Persons |744 |
|Any other religion |Count |Persons |18 |
|No religion |Count |Persons |896 |
|Religion not stated