a. Technology has changed how people can view and talk about sports. The only way you could watch a game in the past was if you were there or read about it in the newspaper the next day. Now days you can watch it on tv, online, and on your phone.
2. Discuss how a fragmented audience is both a challenge and an opportunity for sports and entertainment marketers?
a. Fragmented audience is a challenge for marketers because they have a wide audience to reach and that could be more
expensive. A solution for that could be to focus their prime time advertising for their closer locations and the less popular times for further distances. So a challenge for this would be if you were trying to reach further distances you would have to use good marketing skills to have them come the distance for what you are advertising versus the closer distances that don’t need to worry as much about distant.
3. Discuss the relationship between competition and consumer expectations.
a. When a consumer goes out to buy a certain product they have expectations of what they want it to look like or the features of the product. The retailer then has to compete with other stores
that have that same product because they want to be the place where they buy it from. To do this they need to promote the
product better or have it cheaper than the other places.
4. Explain the downside of social media for sports and
a. Social media has created a new place for people to talk about sports and share what they feel. So when a team does bad or a scandal happens its immediately put onto social media then
shared by others to all they’re friends and the bad news can spread quicker than good and ruin a team.
5. Discuss how 21st-century technology has increased
entertainment options for consumers.
a. In the 21st-century technology has become a huge role in
everything. Instead of having to go to concerts or sports games you can now watch it live on tv or online.
6. What do you think the sports and entertainment industry must do in order to compete with the seemingly infinite number of entertainment choices we have at our disposal?
a. The marketers but use the best advertisement to prove to
people that they should choose their entertainment instead of others. It becomes a competition with similar entertainers such
as female country singers. You have to choose which ones show will be better.
7. Describe how social media has changed the fan experience. Is this a positive or negative change? Explain.
a. Fans use social media to share their opinions about the teams and have also created special pages just for their page. Most of this use is a positive effect because fans will most likely share good information to their followers instead of bad information that could hurt the teams.
8. Describe how social media has changed sports and
a. Social media has created a new way for people to watch and talk about sports. People now can have discussions online, watch live games, and read live updates from ESPN or their friends. This gave people different oppertunities to view the game
9. How can sports and entertainment marketers avoid wear-out? a. Wear-out is when their marketing or advertising method is no longer effective. Marketers need to change up their marketing methods to keep sales up and to keep people interested in what they are trying to promote.
If you were in charge of marketing for a sports team or
entertainer, how large a role would social media play in your marketing efforts? Explain.
a. Social media should be one of the biggest key roles when
advertising a sports team or entertainer. This is the current generations top use of sharing information. When someone posts something all their followers can see it if they share or re-tweet it then their followers see it and so on. This is one of the fastest ways of sharing information, but with that being said it could go bad because instead of people sharing good information they
could be sharing bad information.