1. Draw and label a diagram of a shoulder joint. LO 1.1
2. Describe the impact of specific conditions on the correct moving and positioning of an individual? LO 1.2
Many individuals who use health and social care services need help and support to move and change position.Organisations that provide support in this way are obliged to have in place procedures and agreed ways of working that describes exactly how each manoeuvre be carried out.
3. What health and safety factors have to be taken into consideration when moving and positioning individuals? LO 2.2
Always follow procedure and never carry out activity in which you haven't been trained. Wear appropriate clothing and footwear, explain what you are going to do, reassure them throughout the move and remind them to assist in the move as much as they can. be prepared for unexpected movements and have a plan for how you would cope. Use the recommended equipment before you start, make sure that all equipment is safe to use if you are using equipment with wheels (hoist or wheelchair) that the brakes are on be prepared accidents can happen so have a plan for how you would cope. LO 2.2
4. Describe what actions you would take if you identified any risks to the individual before moving and positioning them? LO 3.3 3.4
Inform the manager or employee if you identify hazardous moving and handling activities, ensure that your activities do not put others at risk Follow safe moving and handling procedures, only carry out moving and handling activities in which you have been trained use moving and handling equipment properly and appropriately. LO 3.4
5. What would you do if the individual's wishes conflict with their care plan?
Health and safety hazards or risk factors that need to be taken in account when moving and repositioning a individual, does the activity require the use of equipment is it appropriate, safe and well maintained and do you know how to use it properly if no then...
Please join StudyMode to read the full document