Unit 2 Assignment 1
1. Which of the following terms is the closest synonym to the term computer networking? c. Datacom
2. Ann uses her email address, firstname.lastname@example.org, to send an email to Bob, whose email address is email@example.com. The message contains a few paragraphs of text. Which of the following will be important to the process of making sure that Bob receives this email? b. Bob’s incoming email server
3. According to this chapter, which of the following concepts happens in a modern-day, end-to- end voice call between two business telephones sitting in the same office building in the United
States? (Choose two answers.) b. The call uses only digital electrical signals. d. The call represents short sounds as a unique set of bits.
4. According to this chapter, which of the following concepts happens in a modern-day, end-to-end voice call between two home telephones in the United States? (Choose two answers.) c. The call uses both analog and digital electrical signals. d. The call represents short sounds as a unique set of bits.
5. A student makes a video recording of a professor teaching a class. The student posts the video to a website. The answers list information that the student used or chose on the computer on which he was processing the video. Which of the following answers is the least likely to impact the size of the video file? . A character set
6. A student records a video of a professor teaching a class. The student plans to later post the video online on a website. Which of the following answers lists something discussed in this chapter that the student could do to improve the chances that other students will watch the video? d. Compress the video 7. A PC user opens his Internet Explorer web browser, types the www.certskills.com/books web address, and presses Enter. The browser displays a new web page. What part of the web address most directly identifies the web page that shows up in the