My team’s objectives were to raise the awareness of our charity, raise over £1000 and raise as much money as possible and to run successful events. We were given £100 to start our events and had to budget what we spent. We had to decide our individual roles before we started planning any of the events so we all knew what we had to do but this was a bit of a struggle as it was hard to define, in the early stages, who had what roles. However, our team was effective because we all helped each other with different tasks and then all began to found out our strengths and our weaknesses. We all listened to each other and try to make everyone in the team feel welcome and not make them feel left out. For example, When Sandie joined our group it was a while after the team was formed so she may have felt a bit left out but we all tried to make her feel welcome and she took on the role of being in charge of all the health and safety and risk assessments for the event.
The team was ineffective during the quiz night when some of the team members were not doing anything to help or were not doing their tasks in the event. An example of this was when some tea members were on their phone during the event in front of the guests which I thought was unprofessional and when the camera man left the video camera and the camera unattended.
Some really effective moments when we worked as a team was when we had to organise the fish and chips and when we had to set up for the quiz night, we all stuck together and set up the hall in under an hour. I think that at the end of the event once we had counted how much we had raised, we all felt proud of ourselves at what we had achieved and this really showed as we were excited to let our guests know how much they had helped us and the charity.
When we individually did a task, the other team members would make sure that it was okay and approve of the work. For example, when Bradley and I did the