1. Identify different reasons why people communicate
To express needs
To share ideas and information
To build relationships
To ask questions
To share opinions
2. Explain how effective communication affects all aspects of own work
Through effective communication we can easily exchange every sort of information, our ideas with the people around and this can indirectly affect our work as the other people get to know our point clearly.
3. Explain why it is important to observe an individual’s reactions when communicating with them. Communication is a 2 way process, it is not simply about sending a message but also about knowing if the receiver has understood and processed the message properly. In face to face communication, the person listening may not always indicate verbally if they have understood or if they agree. Observing body language helps the speaker understand if the other person understands/agrees. Also even if the other person replies verbally his or her body language may show that they have not really understood or agreed. Observation helps understand the effectiveness of communication.
1. Identify barriers to communication
4. Identify sources of information and support or services to enable more effective Communication.
Translation services- This service can help change the written text from one language to another.
Interpreting service- This service can help with converting spoken language to another.
Speech and language- This service can support people who have problems with their speech or language.
Advocacy service- This service can support people who are unable to speak up for themselves. This service tries to understand the needs, wishes and preferences of people and argue on their...
Please join StudyMode to read the full document