2. Mexican artist Frida Kahlo is best known for her extremely realistic and often anguished __________.
A. genre scenes
D. still lifes
3. Until modern times, art works have been primarily devoted to __________ themes.
4. An anti-commercial movement begun in the 1960s in which works of art are conceived and executed in the mind of the artist is known as __________.
B. Pop art
C. Conceptual art
D. Op art
5. Picasso protested the horror and brutality of the Spanish civil war in his 1937 masterpiece painting known as __________.
A. The Horse Fair
B. The Rape of the Sabine Women
C. Hall of Bulls
1. In art, a __________ is usually defined as a moving dot and is both the simplest and most complex of the visual elements.
2. In works with ___________, the lines are completed by the viewer.
A. actual line
C. implied line
D. curved line
E. heavy line
3. ___________ creates the illusion of roundness or three dimensionality through the use of light and shadow on a two-dimensional surface.
A. linear perspective
4. _____________ are formed when intersecting or connected lines enclose space.
5. Light against dark or dark against light create visual differences in ___________.
6. The colors opposite each other on the color wheel are ____________.
7. When an artist places one object in front of another to create the illusion of depth, it is called __________.