1. Play a sport.
It will teach you how to win honorably, lose gracefully, respect authority, work with others, manage your time and stay out of trouble. And maybe even throw or catch.
2. It is better to be kind than to be right.
3. Save money when you're young because you're going to need it someday.
4. Allow me to introduce you to the dishwasher, oven, washing machine, iron, vacuum, mop and broom. Now please go use them.
5. Pray and be a spiritual leader.
6. Don't ever be a bully and don't ever start a fight, but if some idiot clocks you, please defend yourself.
7. Use careful aim when you pee. Somebody's got to clean that up, you know.
8. Your knowledge and education is something that nobody can take away from you.
9. Treat your partner kindly. Forever is a long time to live alone and it's even longer to live with somebody who hates your guts.
10. Take pride in your appearance.
11. Be strong and tender at the same time.
12. A woman can do everything that you can do. This includes her having a successful career and you changing diapers at 3 A.M. Mutual respect is the key to a good relationship.
13. "Yes ma'am" and "yes sir" still go a long way.
14. The reason that they're called "private parts" is because they're "private". Please do not scratch them in public.
15. Peer pressure is a scary thing. Be a good leader and others will follow.
16. Bringing her flowers for no reason is always a good idea.
17. You will set the tone for the sexual relationship, so don't take something away from her that you can't give back.
18. A sense of humor goes a long way in the healing process.
19. Please choose your spouse wisely. My daughter-in-law will be the gatekeeper for me spending time with you and my grandchildren.
20. Remember to call your mother and father because I might be missing