'Trust only movement. Life happens at the level of events, not of words. Trust movement.' -Alfred Adler
It’s a matter of curiosity that the quote accurately describes the fundamental truth of life. MOVEMENT! The healthy existence of a cell depends on the movement of molecules in and out of the cell.
For this transport across the cell, specialized structures are present on the surface of cell membrane called Transporters. Transporters are involved in a mode of transport called the Active transport. This energy transduction requires currency; in biological systems energy currencies are ATP molecules. Active transport requires the utilization of ATP.
This essay deals with ABC transporters, which forms the largest group …show more content…
Tarling1,2, Thomas Q. de Aguiar Vallim1, and Peter A. Edwards1 Trends Endocrinol Metab . 2013 July
6) Probabilistic Orthology Analysis of the ATP-Binding Cassette Transporters: Implications for the Development of Multiple Drug Resistance Phenotype□ S
Ciaran Fisher, Tanya Coleman, and Nick Plant Vol. 40, No. 7
7) Tarling EJ, de Aguiar Vallim, Thomas Q, Edwards PA: Role of ABC transporters in lipid transport and human disease. Trends in endocrinology and metabolism: TEM 2013, 24:342-50.
8) Tarling EJ, de Aguiar Vallim, Thomas Q, Edwards PA: Role of ABC transporters in lipid transport and human disease. Trends in endocrinology and metabolism: TEM 2013, 24:342-50.
9) Higgins CF: ABC transporters: from microorganisms to man. Annual review of cell biology 1992, 8:67-113.
10) Cant N, Pollock N, Ford RC: CFTR structure and cystic fibrosis. The international journal of biochemistry & cell biology 2014, 52:15-25.
11) Insight into Pleiotropic Drug Resistance ATP-binding Cassette Pump Drug Transport through Mutagenesis of Cdr1p Transmembrane Domains: Manpreet Kaur Rawal, Mohammad Firoz Khan: 23RD August