Transcendental Meditation: an Explanation: "The Abundance of Benefits"

Topics: Transcendental Meditation, Maharishi Mahesh Yogi, Transcendental Meditation movement Pages: 3 (664 words) Published: October 12, 2008
Transcendental Meditation: An explanation: "The Abundance of Benefits"

Transcendental meditation is a simple, effortless mental technique which allows your mind to relax completely.

During meditation you are able to gain a very profound rest, which is scientifically proven to be almost ten times as powerful as the rest you gain during your ordinary sleep. By having this deep rest you are able to loosen and release deep rooted stresses in your physiology.

This technique is in no way a religion. You don't have to change anything about yourself in order to practice it. People from all different cultures and walks of life are able to benefit from it.

The difference between T.M. and other forms of meditation you may here of is that T.M. is absolutely effortless, where as, many other forms of meditation require some sort of concentration, or contemplation.


The main reason most people practice T.M. is not just for the sake of meditation, but because of the benefits gained in activity. T.M. not only gives you the energy to live your life to the fullest, but also provides you with an inner reservoir of creativity and inspiration. An analogy often used to describe the benefits of T.M. is the simple fact that all you need is light to remove the darkness. T.M. is the light which removes the darkness, the ignorance within.

Mental Potential:

Studies of T.M. have shown to improve a person's mental capabilities. While most people only utilize 5% of their mental capacity, people who practice the T.M. technique are able to make use of the other 95% and are able to develop and strengthen their full mental potential.


There are many health benefits gained from TM as well. Because it helps to eliminate stress in the body, it has shown to improve your overall health and well being. It promotes longevity and normalizes blood pressure. Studies have been shown that the TM technique has substantially reduced heart disease in many African...
Continue Reading

Please join StudyMode to read the full document

You May Also Find These Documents Helpful

  • The Benefit of Meditation Essay
  • Benefits of Meditation Essay
  • Essay about Health Benefits of Meditation
  • The Benefits of Yoga & Meditation Essay
  • Meditation Essay
  • Essay about The Benefits of Meditation
  • Transcendental Meditation Intro Essay
  • Transcendentalism and Transcendental Meditation Essay

Become a StudyMode Member

Sign Up - It's Free