i want a essay on traffic rules
Asked in Travel at 4:44 PM on December 31, 2007
Tags: essay, traffic, rules
! This question is closed
Profile | Q&A
Rate this : 10
Write your answer here. And keep checking whether it's been chosen as the Best Answer. * Enter Answer
Please enter answer before submitting.
Your mail ID:
Enter your email
* We don't SPAM your inbox
Help us avoid Spam:
Enter characters as shown above.
Close Got an ibibo ID?
* Latest Answers(1)
Sort by Latest | Oldest | Top-rated
In today's world road and transport has become an integral part of every human being. Every body is a road user in one shape or the other. The present transport system has minimized the distances but it has on the other hand increased the life risk. Every year road crashes result in loss of lakhs of lives and serious injuries to crores of people.
In India itself about eighty thousand people are killed in road crashes every year which is thirteen percent of the total fatality all over the world. Man behind the wheel plays an important role in most of the crashes. In most of the cases crashes occurs either due to carelessness or due to lack of road safety awarenessof the road user.Hence, road safety education is as essential as any other basic skills of survival.
It is an established fact that safe and efficient use of the traffic environment is a learned behaviour. All road users are the products of some form of education or training, however informal or intermittent. The importance of a formal training in road safety has been underestimated in the past because of the mistaken belief that the lessons to be learned are simple and the tasks to be performed rudimentary. Delhi Traffic Police, New Delhi (India) - Road Safety Cell
Delhi Traffic Police established a Road Safety Cell in 1972 to generate awareness among road user. It is an educational wing of the Delhi Traffic Police and its main function is to educate the road users as regards the proper and safe use of roads as well as to develop the human resources who are responsive to public and are technically competent. The training programme is meant to encompass the whole range of road using citizens, from a common pedestrian to a vehicle driver.
1. Drivers of Commercial Vehicles including Blue Line Bus, Trucks etc. 2. School Children
4. Cyclists & Motor Cyclists
5. Autorickshaw drivers
6. Government vehicle drivers
1. Regular programmes for the entire target groups including school children. 2. Road Safety March
3. Street play
4. Painting/Quiz/Essay Competitions
5. Distribution of Road Safety Literature
Mode of Education
Delhi Traffic Police, New Delhi (India) - Road Safety CellVarious tools have been adopted to impart road safety education to various categories of road users
2. Film Shows
3. Exhibitions through Mobile Exhibition Vans
4. Distribution of Road Safety Literature
5. On the spot help to the road users like OPD Patients, pedestrians, cyclist etc. 6. Fixing of Reflective tapes on cycles
7. Organising Road Safety Awareness programmes in Association with NGO's 8. Road Safety Awareness involving RWAs Transport unions and Trade unions 9. Education through PA System