To Kill A Mockingbird Questions
1. What point-of-view is the story told in?
It is written in first person point of view.
3. The narrator goes by the nickname “Scout.” What is her real name? Scout’s real name is Jean Louise Finch.
5. What happened to Jem and Scout’s mother?
Their mother died of a sudden heart attack.
7. Who is Dill?
Dill is Jem and Scout’s summer neighbor and friend.
9. What courageous act does Jem perform at the end of this chapter? He runs and touches Boo Radley’s house
11. What compromise does Atticus make with the narrator after hearing about this? He promises to keep reading with Scout if she continues to go to school 13. Why does Miss Caroline tell Burris Ewell to go home?
He was rude and she thought he had lice
15. How is Calpurnia a good influence on Scout?
She showed her that black and whites are equal.
17. Describe the new game the kids start to play.
They act out the stories they have heard about Boo.
19. How does Miss Maudie feel about Arthur “Boo” Radley? Miss Maudie tells Scout that Boo was a very nice young man.
21. Why doesn’t Scout want Jem to go back to retrieve his pants? He thought he heard a gunshot
23. Why does Nathan Radley tell the children he sealed the knothole shut with cement? Do you believe him? Why or why not? Support your response with a specific detail from the novel. To keep Boo from leaving things in the tree for Scout and Jem. No, i think he did this to cut off his brother's contact with the children.
25. In chapter eight, why does Atticus drag the children out of bed in the middle of the night? Because Miss Maudie's house is on fire
27. What conclusions are you beginning to draw about Boo?
29. Who is Atticus’ latest client? Why has Atticus decided to defend this man? Tom Robinson, because he knows it’s right....
Please join StudyMode to read the full document