July 30, 2015
Child Therapist Interview Questions
1) Could you please give me a brief explanation of your educational background including the degrees you have earned?
2) What additional training do you have in the area of child therapy?
3) How long have your been a therapists? How long have you worked with children?
4) What is your experience? What settings have you worked in?
5) How does insurance impact child therapy?
6) What areas of specialties have you encountered over and over again such as child depression, Attention Deficit Disorder, etc.?
7) Can you please provide an overview of the initial consultation and what it includes?
8) What approach do you take in establishing a relationship with children?
9) How are parents involved in the child therapy process? How does confidentiality play a role with children and their parents?
10) What therapeutic theory do you relate to in counseling children?
11) How do you measure therapy goals to determine if they are being met or not and are parents part of this process?
12) What is the average length of time that children are in therapy?
13) How often do you communicate with parents during the counseling process?
14) Are parents ever included in the child’s sessions and if so how is this done?
15) Is it difficult terminating therapy with a child? Do they ever return?
16) How do you integrate Biblical truths into the counseling children?
17) What is the greatest ethical issue you have addressed and why you saw it as your greatest dilemma?