2. Who is Tea Cake?
3. Does the pollen represent *cough cough* something else?
4. Why does Nanny freak out about the kiss? It’s just a kiss.
5. Poor Janie, having to get married to Logan Killicks. I wouldn't do it even if my life depended on it.
6. Janie compares her life with nature
7. She marries Logan in hope of love after the marriage
8. She falls for men real easily. That’s going to come back to her negatively.
9. The lamp is put in Eatonville; does it symbolize hope?
10. I seems like Joe is letting the power of being mayor go to his head.
11. Joe spoils Janie but does it in a way that resembles his jealousy, tying her hair up
12. Why doesn’t she speak up about the mistreatment? Why doesn’t she just leave him altogether?
13. It’s good she let Joe know how she really felt before he died.
14. Tea Cake is a guy who she falls for after Joe’s death
15. They run off together and get married
16. Nunkie causes drama in the relationship by flirting with Tea Cake.
17. Mrs. Turner get Tea Cake jealous by telling Janie to marry a light skinned man
18. Now why would Janie just let Tea Cake hit her? That women needs to stand up for herself.
19. Motor Boat is a odd name for a character
20. “Their eyes were watching God”: the people watching the storm, looking up to God for comfort through a horrible time
21. Tea Cake gets bitten in the check by a dog
22. Janie shot Tea Cake?! Wow. She has some guts! However, I’d probably do the same if I were in her position.
23. R.I.P. Tea Cake
24. She plants seeds to remember him
25. Tea Cake showed Janie the horizon that she had always wanted throughout the story, love and