The Reason and the benefit to go Vegetarian
General Purpose: To persuade.
Specific Purpose: To persuade my audience to turn to a vegetarian consumer to promote overall health. Central Idea: Becoming a vegetarian products consumer is a great way to prevent you body from a huge amount of disease such as cancer, heart attack and other chronic degenerative diseases.
Many Americans are dying from diseases that are directly tied to their eating habits. We all hope and have the desire to live longer and healthy lives. But if we do not keep up and maintain our bodies and provide for it always with the necessary supplement and food, then the disaster will occur and our body will die earlier it can break down. These which provide the most excellent for body needs are the road for a better health and body. Being vegetarian you will have the benefit to avoid many illnesses and be healthier. (Transition: One of the major reasons and benefits of being a vegetarian person is you will live longer.)
I. Vegetarians can live longer for a years with better health condition. A. Vegetarians survive about seven years longer, and vegans (who eat no animal products) about 15 years longer than meat eaters. 1. According to a study from Loma Linda University found that vegetarians are the most people who live for years longer due to the kind of good heath they carry. It has been said “The healthy mind is in the healthy body”. 2. According to China Health Project (the largest population study on diet and health to date) has found that Chinese people who eat the least amount of fat and animal product have the lowest risks of cancer, heart attack and other chronic degenerative disease. a. Sciences of Food and Agriculture Journal in 2001, brings into the proof of living longer is that vegetarian are matches the expert dietary recommendations for healthy eating, being low in saturated fat high in fiber, complex carbohydrates, and fresh fruit and...
1. Well, Andrew, M.D. and Daley, Rosie. The Health Kitchen, Recipes for a Better Body, Life, and Spirit. Alfred A. Knopf, New York 2002. Borough of Manhattan Community College Library. Reference Number TX 742.W45.
2. Thomas, Anna illustrated by Maas, Julie. The Vegetarian Epicure. Random House, New York 1972. Borough of Manhattan Community College Library.
3. Duyff, R.L. 2002. ADA Complete Food and Nutrition Guide, Chicago: The American Dietetic Association.
4. Insel, Paul M, and Walton T. Roth. Core Concept in Health Tenth Edition Update Brief. McCraw-Hill 2007.
Organization and Web Sites
1. CDC National Center for Environmental Health. Provides brochures and fact sheets on a variety of environmental issue. http://www.cdc.gov/nceh/default.htm.
2. United Nations. Several UN programs are devoted for health issue: htt://www.unep.org
1. Tufts University Health And Letter (800-274-7581;http://www.healthletter.tufts.edu)
Please join StudyMode to read the full document