Hello, Grace! Since nicotine is the number one preventable cause of death in the United States, I have found that nicotine is a very addictive and poisonous drug. As I contemplated and reflected on your discussion post, I concur and comply with your point of view regarding nicotine. Like any other drug, nicotine has its pros and cons. Martin (2016) explains that nicotine is produced by plants to redirect predators and others use nicotine for a pesticide for this same reason. Arguably, I can see how nicotine can be beneficial, but it’s difficult for me to agree that it is healthy. It is interesting to note that another source found that nicotine can improve cognitive development. In fact, I can notate how small doses are nicotine could be harmless
Nicotine and withdrawal symptoms
Reviewed by Gay Sutherland, honorary consultant clinical psychologist
What is nicotine?
A variety of different brain chemicals are altered each time you smoke.
Nicotine is the ingredient that causes physical addiction to tobacco.
It's a mild stimulant and increases activity in the brain just like caffeine, cocaine and amphetamine.
It's also a powerful toxin, which is why you probably coughed your way through that first cigarette all those years ago.
Nicotine, think again
Even though drugs such as caffeine and pharmaceutical drugs are widely used and accepted by society, they can still have an impact on your overall health. Nicotine is a highly addictive chemical excavated from the nicotiana tabacum plant or more commonly known as the tobacco plant. Nicotine is classified as a stimulant drug. The addictive drug is regarded as a potentially lethal poison and the median lethal dosage for an average adult human is between 30-60 mgs of nicotine.….
Expensive highs, expensive addictions, smoking is a worthless habit.
Nicotine, like so many other harmful substances, is a drug. They have the
power to affect how you feel about yourself and those around you. It
takes full control of your body, like your brain has been infected by
tar. The three main groups of drugs are legal, illegal and medicinal.
Legal and illegal, what is the difference in today's world? Smoking
causes fatal hazards and I believe as a consequence, should be….
This paper explores two published books that touched on pros and cons of standardized testing in schools. Popham, (2001) and Sacks, (1999) suggest that through pros a student will have to pass certain tests to determine that he or she has acquired proficiency in various fields of study. According to the two authors, in cons the students who have mastery of the content, don’t show in the test; it mostly promotes teachers to teach tests and evaluate….
time periods. The two stories both have their pros and cons of the society that is being portrayed in the text.
The pros of the societies in the stories are found more in “The Voter” than in “Tribal Scars”. This mainly has to do with the fact that the society in Achebe’s story was based in a more recent time which allowed for the society to be more far and democratic and this would be the most noticeable pro throughout the stories. Another pro for “The Voter” would be that almost all of the….
Pros and Cons of Economic Growth
Fostering economic growth remains at the heart of any national government’s agenda. As such, governments have embraced numerous strategies aimed at promoting economic growth, such as forging alliances, signing business treaties, and becoming members to business alliances. Economic growth refers to an increase in a country’s real Gross Domestic Product (GDP) or the value of the country’s national expenditure or output. While increasing economic growth has several….
Exercise 2, page 27
a. I think women are better listeners than men. |
Pro (yes, for, good) | Con (no, against, bad) |
1. Women are nurturing by nature. | 1. Tend to get too emotional. |
2. Like to listen and be supportive. | 2. Don’t see a problem in sharing your personal issues with others. |
3. Care to know all details and facts, no matter how long it takes. | 3. Will tend to feel they know it all. |
4. Will give advice based on personal experiences. | 4. Can often talk endlessly….
The Pros and Cons
Edit 0 6…
- More foreign goods. In Canada, with economic globalization, we are able to eat fresh fruits and vegetables in winter. Make lives easier for us.
- With the trade happening around the world, there is more diversity. While we are in Canada, we can go out and eat Chinese, Thai, Greek foods, and watch US's movie.
- Helping developing countries. Transnational corporations setup in developing countries offering jobs for the people in developing countries, help….
Pros and Cons of the Death Penalty
1. The Death Penalty allows families that have been suffering some closure.
2. Helps lessen the problem of overpopulated prisons.
3. Provides a deterrent for inmates already on Death Row.
4. Justice is better served.
5. Prisoner parole or escapes allows for another chance to kill.
6. Give a chance to prosecutors in bargaining in the plea bargain process.
In the state of California there are too many liberals that make rules….
part requires a non-recoverable investment in specialized assets. The most efficient suppliers are located in countries with currencies that many foreign exchange analysts expect to appreciate substantially over the next decade. What are the pros and cons of (a) manufacturing the component in-house, and (b) outsourcing manufacture to an independent supplier? Which option would you recommend? Why?
At the outset, it is a vital concern in several international businesses or firm to determine in which….