the managers of tomorrow will not be bigger man than his father was before him
B.Com. DEGREE EXAMINATION – COMMERCE
SIXTH SEMESTER – APRIL 2013
CO 6606 - ADVANCED CORPORATE ACCOUNTING
Time: 1:00 - 4:00
Max. : 100 Marks
Answer all the questions
1) What is Purchase Consideration as per AS 14?
2) What is Rebate on bills discounted? How is it dealt in a Bank’s Final statements?
3) List the methods for the calculation of Purchase Consideration
4) Raman Ltd agrees to purchase the business of Krishnan Ltd on the following terms:
• For each of the 10000 shares of Rs.10 each in Krishnan Ltd,2 shares in Raman
Ltd of Rs.10 each will be issued at an agreed value of Rs.12 per share.In addition,Rs.4 per share cash also will be paid.
• 8 % debentures worth Rs.80,000 will be issued to settle the Rs.60000 9 % debentures in Krishnan Ltd..Calculate Purchase consideration.
5) What does schedule 14 of the Insurance Company Accounts deals with? List any two items which are covered by the said schedule. schedule 6) What is Surrender value?
7) What is Reserve for unexpired risk?
8) From the following particulars calculate the total amount at the disposal of the company. calculate c
Amount of reasonable return Rs 46,13,000
9) The following are the balances of the Sun Co.ltd the Moon Co.ltd. prepared on 31st
December 1986. On the 1st of January 1986, the Sun Co. Ltd took over Moon Co.ltd, when the latter had a credit balance of Rs. 35,000 in its profit and loss account.
Equity share capital Rs. 10 each
General reserve 1,50,000
(shares in Moon
Indicate the capital and revenue natured profits.
P & L a/c
10) Compute the