Charles Darwin was born on February 12, 18009 to a wealthy family. Darwin was planning on earning a degree in medical but later switched and joined the faculty of Harvard Univeity . Charles Darwin who was the first person to recognize that living things evolve or change over time and his contribution was base on how evolutionary change occurred through natural selection (Schultz & Schultz, 2008). Nation selection is the process that living things that are best able to adapt to its changing environment will have a greater chance of living and producing their offspring. 1. What do you consider to be the proper subject matter of psychology?
• Theory of evolution
• Natural selection
2. What methods should psychology use to approach the subjects it studies?
3. What do you expect will be your most lasting contribution to the field of psychology?
4. What do you consider to be an appropriate role for the field of psychology in society?
5. What particular personal challenges or characteristics, or conditions in the society and the profession of psychology, had the greatest impact upon your development as a psychologist?
John Dewy was an educator and a philosophy. He began his teaching career in 1884 at the University of Michigan. In 1894, John Dewey started an experimental primary school at the University of Chicago based on the principle of learning through doing. Dewey believed that students should focus on interaction with the present. Dewey began to investigate the mental development in children and how effective is the educational system. Dewey philosophy of nature is that human experiences are not without challenge and individual must live well with the process of change.
1. What do you consider to be the proper subject matter of psychology?
Answer - The proper subject matter of psychology should continue to focus on the principle and adjustment of the function of