Basic Biology - Internet Activity
Directions: Use the links provided to find the answers to the questions.
1.To observe most cells you will need a ...
Name a cell you do not need this tool to observe.
2. Who first used the term "cell"?
3. Use this table to compare a plant cell to an animal cell. Use the illustration to write the structures found in each kind of cell. Cells: The Building Blocks of Life! Plant
Which has more structures: an animal cell or a plant cell?
4. Harness the resources at Cells Alive.com to answer the questions in section 4. What is the cell cycle?
Plant cells have chloroplasts. What does a chloroplast do?
Chloroplasts contain a chemical called
Name the light related chemical reaction that occurs in the chloroplasts. 5. Organelles - write the function of each organelle. Cells II site / ThinkQuest Cell Biology site mitochondria
6. We do not use food's energy directly. Name the molecule living things use for energy.
7. Plant cell walls are made of cellulose. List some ways people use cellulose.
8. Living organisms can be classified in to 5 kingdoms. (Use your online research skills to find an answer.) Name them. Which are eukaryotes? Which are prokaryotes?
9. What is a genome and why is it so important?
10. Watch - Stem Cells Breakthrough
How does the technological discovery resolve an ethical dilemma? What are the dangers of this new discovery?
Career Considerations -
What do we call a person who studies cells? (Use your online research skills to find the answer)
The US Department of Labor predicts the need for people in different fields of work in the Occupational Outlook Handbook. What do they predict to be the need for people in the cellular...
Please join StudyMode to read the full document