Directly supervise and coordinate the activities of helpers, laborers, or material movers.
Sample of reported job titles:Receiving Supervisor, Shipping Supervisor, Receiving Lead, Floor Supervisor, Front Line Supervisor,
· Plan work schedules and assign duties to maintain adequate staff for effective performance of activities and response to fluctuating workloads.
· Collaborate with workers and managers to solve work-related problems.
· Review work throughout the work process and at completion to ensure that it has been performed properly.
· Transmit and explain work orders to laborers.
· Check specifications of materials loaded or unloaded against information contained in work orders.
· Inform designated employees or departments of items loaded or problems encountered.
· Examine freight to determine loading sequences.
· Evaluate employee performance and prepare performance appraisals.
· Perform the same work duties as those supervised or perform more difficult or skilled tasks or assist in their performance.
· Prepare and maintain work records and reports of information such as employee time and wages, daily receipts, or inspection results.
Tools & Technology
Tools used in this occupation:
Forklifts — Lift trucks|
Slings — Material-hoisting slings|
Track cranes — Overhead cranes|
Wrapping machinery — Banding machines|
Technology used in this occupation:
Calendar and scheduling software — Employee scheduling software|
Inventory management software — Inventory control software; Warehouse management software|
Office suite software — Microsoft Office software|
Time accounting software — Time and attendance software|
Administration and Management — Knowledge of business and management principles involved in strategic planning, resource allocation, human resources modeling, leadership technique, production methods, and coordination of people