Personal Computer Software License Agreement
1. WARRANTY DISCLAIMER, BINDING AGREEMENT AND ADDITIONAL TERMS AND AGREEMENTS. 1.1 WARRANTY DISCLAIMER. THE SOFTWARE AND OTHER INFORMATION IS DELIVERED TO YOU “AS IS” AND WITH ALL FAULTS. ADOBE, ITS SUPPLIERS AND CERTIFICATION AUTHORITIES DO NOT AND CANNOT WARRANT THE PERFORMANCE OR RESULTS YOU MAY OBTAIN BY USING THE SOFTWARE, CERTIFICATE AUTHORITY SERVICES OR OTHER THIRD PARTY OFFERINGS. EXCEPT TO THE EXTENT ANY WARRANTY, CONDITION, REPRESENTATION, OR TERM CANNOT OR MAY NOT BE EXCLUDED OR LIMITED BY LAW APPLICABLE TO YOU IN YOUR JURISDICTION, ADOBE AND ITS SUPPLIERS AND CERTIFICATION AUTHORITIES MAKE NO WARRANTIES CONDITIONS, REPRESENTATIONS, OR TERMS (EXPRESS OR IMPLIED WHETHER BY STATUTE, COMMON LAW, CUSTOM, USAGE OR OTHERWISE) AS TO ANY MATTER INCLUDING WITHOUT LIMITATION NONINFRINGEMENT OF THIRD PARTY RIGHTS, MERCHANTABILITY, INTEGRATION, SATISFACTORY QUALITY, OR FITNESS FOR ANY PARTICULAR PURPOSE. THE PROVISIONS OF SECTIONS 1.1 AND 10 SHALL SURVIVE THE TERMINATION OF THIS AGREEMENT, HOWSOEVER CAUSED, BUT THIS SHALL NOT IMPLY OR CREATE ANY CONTINUED RIGHT TO USE THE SOFTWARE AFTER TERMINATION OF THIS AGREEMENT.
1.2 BINDING AGREEMENT: By using, copying or distributing all or any portion of the Adobe Software, you accept all the terms and conditions of this agreement, including, in particular, the provisions on:
- Use (Section 3);
- Transferability (Section 5);
- Connectivity and Privacy (Section 7), including:
- Local Storage,
- Settings Manager,
- Peer Assisted Networking Technology,
- Content Protection Technology, and
- Use of Adobe Online Services;
- Warranty Disclaimer (Section 1.1), and;
- Liability Limitations (Sections 10 and 17).
Upon acceptance, this agreement is enforceable against you and any entity that obtained the Software and on whose behalf it is used. If you do not agree, do not Use the Software. 1.3 ADDITIONAL TERMS AND AGREEMENTS. Adobe permits you to Use the Software only in accordance with the terms of this agreement. Use of some third party materials included in the Software may be subject to other terms and conditions typically found in a separate license agreement, a “Read Me” file located near such materials or in the “Third Party Software Notices and/or Additional Terms and Conditions” found at http://www.adobe.com/go/thirdparty. Such other terms and conditions will supersede all or portions of this agreement in the event of a conflict with the terms and conditions of this agreement.
“Adobe” means Adobe Systems Incorporated, a Delaware corporation, 345 Park Avenue, San Jose, California 95110, if subsection 12(a) of this agreement applies; otherwise it means Adobe Systems Software Ireland Limited, 4-6 Riverwalk, Citywest Business Campus, Dublin 24, Ireland, a company organized under the laws of Ireland and an affiliate and licensee of Adobe Systems Incorporated.
“Compatible Computer” means a Computer that conforms to the system requirements of the Software as specified in the Documentation.
“Computer” means a virtual machine or physical personal electronic device that accepts information in digital or similar form and manipulates it for a specific result based on a sequence of instructions. “Personal Computer” or “PC” shall mean a hardware product which is designed and marketed with the primary purpose of operating a wide variety of productivity, entertainment, and other software applications provided by unrelated third party software vendors, which operates depending upon the use of a full function and full feature set computer operating system of the type(s) then in widespread use with hardware to operate general purpose laptop, desktop, server, and large format tablet microprocessor based computers. This definition of Personal Computer shall exclude hardware products that are designed and/or marketed to have as their primary purpose any number of the following: television, television...
Please join StudyMode to read the full document